DAYANG-A Leader Of Professional Motorcycle Production In China
Luoyang Northern Ek Chor Motorcycle Co., Ltd (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) is a large professional motorcycle manufacturing enterprise jointly established by Luoyang Northern Enterprises Group Co., Ltd. and Ek Chor Investment Co., Ltd. Of Chia Tai Group, is also one of the largest sino-foreign joint venture enterprises in Henan province. Its main products include “DAYANG” two-wheeled, three-wheeled, and electric two-wheeled motorcycles as well as four-wheeled vehicles.
The company began operation in March 1992 with a total investment of $105.97 million, a registered capital of $56.31 million, and more than 2,800 employees. After its establishment, the company invested tens of millions of dollars in renovating and upgrading the original production technology and facilities, purchased a large number of advanced domestic and foreign equipment, and introduced the internationally leading level C100N-CH technology and equipment to form a complete and reliable technology, development, testing and quality management system. It now owns the engine, body welding, painting, die-casting, workblank casting, final assembly, and other professional production departments, and has the production capacity of 1 million 50cc-200cc motorcycles, 1.2 million sets of engines, 600,000 three-wheeled motorcycles, and 500,000 electric motorcycles.
The company is the enterprise in the industry taking the lead in passing the ISO9001 quality system certification. DAYANG motorcycle has also passed the CCC certification, the certification for full production access, European E-Mark certification, and Nepal’s government environmental protection certification. The company has been recognized as “National High-Tech Enterprise”, “National Advanced Technology Enterprise”, “National Excellent Enterprise (in Taxpayment and Turnover) with Foreign Investment”, “National Export Inspection-Free Enterprise”, and “CNAS”. The “DAYANG” trademark has been identified as the “National Key Protection Trademark” and “Famous Trademark of Henan”. DAYANG brand has been included in “China’s Most Valuable 500 Brands List” for many years. Up to now, the company has produced and sold tens of millions of various DAYANG motorcycles with a cumulative tax revenue of nearly 3 billion yuan. DAYANG motorcycles are exported to more than 80 countries and regions in the world, totaling an export earning of more than 400 million US dollars. DAYANG enjoys high reputation in the domestic and foreign markets and has created good economic and social benefits. The development of the company has also driven the synchronous development of hundreds of parts manufacturing enterprises in China, making outstanding contributions to the national and local economic development.
Luoyang Northern Ek Chor Motorcycle Co., Ltd established with the contract signing ceremony held at Beijing’s Great Hall.
Technical cooperation with Honda: the company introduced the patented technologies of motorcycle design, manufacturing and assembly, and exclusively manufactured and sold Honda’s C100N-CH model.
The workshop with a total construction area of 20,486 square meters was completed and put into use. The company has an annual production capacity of 500,000 motorcycles, and ranked among the 500 largest foreign-invested industrial enterprises in China.
The second phase investment plan and the transfer of foreign equity were approved. After the capital increase, the company’s total investment increased to $105.97 million from the original $69.5 million, the registered capital increased from $32 million to $56.31 million, and the production scale was expanded to 500,000 units of various types of DAYANG motorcycles.
- Honored as one of the 500 largest industrial enterprises in China in 1995.
- Rated by the State Economic and Trade Commission as a national large-scale tier-I enterprise.
- Identified as a high-tech enterprise.
- Included in the list of the top 1000 large and medium-sized enterprises of China in 1996-1997 published by the National Bureau of Statistics.
The first DAYANG DY100 was completed from the production line in Vietnam. The successful export of motorcycle equipment and installation of production line marked a breakthrough of the company in overseas cooperation projects.
DAYANG DY100-3 obtained the Nepal environmental protection certification. The company was the first Chinese motorcycle company to receive this certification.
- Winner of unrequited bidding for motorcycle export in 2001.
- Became one of the China Top 500 Machinery Enterprises in 2001.
- Awarded as one of the “100 Star Overseas Chinese Enterprises in 2000-2002”.
- Passed the motorcycle production admittance examination.
DAYANG DY100-A passed the examination of the expert group of AQSIQ and obtained the national export pass-without-examination certificate.
- According to the assessment results of CECA, the company ranked 270th among the top 500 information enterprises in China in 2006.
- DAYANG was included in the list of China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for the third time in 2007, with a brand value of 2.29 billion yuan, an increase of 163 million yuan from 2005.
- DAYANG was included in the list of China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for the fourth time in 2008, with its brand value increased to 2.592 billion yuan.
- The company was honored as one of the Top 10 Motorcycle Enterprises in China in 2009.
- World Brand Lab released the 2010 (7th) China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands List, and DAYANG ranked 281st with a brand value of 3.285 billion yuan.
- The company was awarded the title of Henan Tier-I Import and Export Enterprise.
- The first EU-standard DAYANG four-wheeler, DAYANG CHOK was born, marking the mass production of DAYANG four-wheelers. The idea of the vehicle originated from the European design concept and it was co-designed by the company and a well-known domestic design company.
- The first batch DAYANG CHOK low-speed new energy (lithium battery) four-wheeler were completed on the production line, making the company the first in Henan province to produce li-ion battery four-wheelers in large quantities.
The company moved from the 201st to the 194th on the list of China Top 500 Machinery Enterprises.
At the 15th World Brand Assembly, DAYANG was once again included in the list of China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands, ranking the 264th with a brand value of 18.578 billion yuan.